Skip to main content

The detriments of Wi-Fi

 I went out looking for a pair of shoes...

I once went to the city area and was lucky enough to find a shoe that I was looking for quite some time. But this happiness turned to grief, when I learned that my size was not available. I insisted on buying a size or two smaller than mine. I purchased it happily and right after I came out of the shop I put on my newly bought shoes.
First I struggled hard to fit my broad feet into the narrow shoes. I somehow managed to do it. But then I realized what a grave mistake I had committed. I did not care about how I looked or how it felt, and started walking down the road. After the harsh journey to my home, I saw my feet stained in different colors, red and purple to be specific (of course, it was due to the small size of the shoes).

I continued putting this shoes on for the next few days thinking they may expand a little in the hot weather, but all in vain. I could not tolerate the pain that I was going through. I went to the doctor for some treatment, and he to my surprise forbade me from putting on those shoes and even recommended bed rest for a day or two. And harshly asked me to avoid buying any shoes that was smaller than my size.
I followed the instructions and soon I realized that I was recovering. Right after a week, I went to another shop and found another beautiful pair of shoes, but this time they had a larger sized than mine. I did not care. I purchased it, went out, put it on and you know what? I fell because they were too big. I could not walk properly with them.
This is a scenario that the majority of the people are facing these days. The small sized shoes is this new technology called WiFi, short for "Wireless Fidelity". And the doctor is the books or the articles or the videos, scattered all over the internet, trying to motivate us to engage in a healthy lifestyle. Once we watch the videos or read the articles, we are highly motivated and for a day or two, we try to part our ways from the negativity that WiFi (combined with social media) is delivering to us. But as soon as the motivation goes down, we once again find ourselves fallen into the dark pit of this technology that is beautifully carved for us.
 It is so, because no matter how hard we try, we still find the shoe beautiful and we do not even bother looking for the correct size. You may be wondering what is the role of size in the WiFi world? the answer is pretty simple, it is about correct time management and how you use it. Sometimes we get so lost in the beauty of it that we focus more on the beautiful design or the perfect combination of color that we forget to check the actual quality of it.
It is not only limited to that. We are so addicted to it, that instead of trying out a new pair of that shoe that fits us, we try to buy out another attractive but mis-sized shoe.
And even then, when we have this great opportunity to use it more wisely, we stick to it and keep hurting ourselves to point of no return. This is similar to the quote which is mostly associated to one of the greatest scientists of the history (although may not be actually said by), Albert Einstein, which is:
"I fear the day when the technology overlaps with our humanity. The world will only have a generation of idiots."
It not only destroys the social nature of mankind, but also proves detrimental to human health. WiFi gives off radiation, although of low frequency, which is harmful to your vital organs such as your brain.

Now what?

If you faced such a synopsis in your life, what would you do? The answer is pretty simple: Avoid that shoe and buy a new one that is comfortable.
Similarly, you can introduce some changes to your life in order to counter the above mentioned problems. They are pretty simple:
  • Start using apps that mention your overall screen use time. In this way you can set a goal and avoid the extensive use of your phones. (Obviously you use WiFi mostly on your mobile phones). 
  • Engage in some activities such as sports.
  • Read some books instead of scrolling down that useless feed of your social media account. This will also help you avoid looking at all those fake lives of the people and divert you from setting them as "goals"!

 Conclusion:

Yes, this technology has brought revolutionary changes, but this does not mean letting it take over your whole life making you a puppet. You are free, free to do whatever you wish to do, so do not, I repeat, do not let it take over your life. Instead get out of this prison and discover yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nation building in Iraq (A personal experience)

It is often said that travelling enhances one's ability to understand the world. This is what I grasped from one of my recent travel to Iraq. People from Pakistan mostly go their for pilgrimage purposes i.e. to visit some of the revered destinations of Islamic history and shrine of the famous muslim personalities. However, my visit to Iraq was different as compared to how other people go to these places. Being a student affiliated to politics, I not only visited these places, but I also managed to analyze about how Iraq is recovering itself from the disaster caused by the war of about more than three decades. Sunset captured near Hillah, a city in Iraq Patriotism, in Pakistan especially, is defined by the masses as respect for the flags or showing love to your armed forces. However, an underdeveloped country such as Iraq displays an astonishing way of patriotism. Firstly, the Iraqis believe that no other country or force ought not to interfere in their political setup. They