Skip to main content

How to work hard?

Hard work:

So, you grab your phone and you google: how to become rich? or how to succeed in your life. And most probably, you're gonna witness one phrase, and that is "keep working hard". You then head to Youtube and start looking out for videos such as: how to become successful? or how did Bill Gates become a billionaire? and you continue looking out for videos such as these and once again you come up with one small sentence: Keep working hard. And you're like Woah! I've learned the secret of becoming the next Elon Musk. And you start putting endless and tiring effort, but in the end you lose that motivation and you're like "I can't do it!". These tips are all scams.
This is the part where everything comes into play. It's true that hard work pays off. But one thing you  notice on google, or in these videos is that they never tell you how to work hard! Period!. You should, instead, start looking out for how to work hard. And I tell you what, the simple answer is: work smart! Yes, this is the answer that many may not know, or they know deep inside, but haven't yet been able to discover it.

Many work hard but they never work smart. It goes like this, you get a project to work on, and you start researching what ever comes in your mind. Instead prepare an outline, and first finish off whatever you know about that project. Create some questions out of it, and complete them.
 Another example is when you go to the gym, you get a 360 degree view of the gym. You move to rack, select a dumbbell (and you have no idea, what to do with that weight), and you start doing some bicep curls. This is hard work. You may even see some progress, but that's not because you are doing something great, but it's because your body is adapting to that change. Just after a week, you stop noticing any gains. And you believe that you can't achieve that dream body and stop going to the gym, and poof!, all that motivation about getting that rock hard abs is gone. What you should do, is go for some research, or hire a trainer (and a good one, and not one that's a dad bod and pushing you hard). Follow a specific diet and training, and believe me you will start noticing gains all over your body.
Or, you wanna start a business and you invest in some thing, say set up a fast food restaurant. That will never succeed. Instead, analyze your surroundings, and see what people need. Remember! Mark Zuckerberg went for a dozen of projects until he ended up with a multi billion dollar project called Facebook!.
So, whenever you watch that video on Youtube, that is shouting hard to work hard, watch if you learn something about smartness. If you don't, just stop and and start doing something with your life!

 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The detriments of Wi-Fi

 I went out looking for a pair of shoes... I once went to the city area and was lucky enough to find a shoe that I was looking for quite some time. But this happiness turned to grief, when I learned that my size was not available. I insisted on buying a size or two smaller than mine. I purchased it happily and right after I came out of the shop I put on my newly bought shoes. First I struggled hard to fit my broad feet into the narrow shoes. I somehow managed to do it. But then I realized what a grave mistake I had committed. I did not care about how I looked or how it felt, and started walking down the road. After the harsh journey to my home, I saw my feet stained in different colors, red and purple to be specific (of course, it was due to the small size of the shoes). I continued putting this shoes on for the next few days thinking they may expand a little in the hot weather, but all in vain. I could not tolerate the pain that I was going through. I went to the doctor for some

Nation building in Iraq (A personal experience)

It is often said that travelling enhances one's ability to understand the world. This is what I grasped from one of my recent travel to Iraq. People from Pakistan mostly go their for pilgrimage purposes i.e. to visit some of the revered destinations of Islamic history and shrine of the famous muslim personalities. However, my visit to Iraq was different as compared to how other people go to these places. Being a student affiliated to politics, I not only visited these places, but I also managed to analyze about how Iraq is recovering itself from the disaster caused by the war of about more than three decades. Sunset captured near Hillah, a city in Iraq Patriotism, in Pakistan especially, is defined by the masses as respect for the flags or showing love to your armed forces. However, an underdeveloped country such as Iraq displays an astonishing way of patriotism. Firstly, the Iraqis believe that no other country or force ought not to interfere in their political setup. They